http://bienvenuewealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/[email protected] 0 0 Michael Rivas http://bienvenuewealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/[email protected] Michael Rivas2013-07-26 18:21:392015-05-11 06:44:45Tax Planning
Now that tax day has come and gone, its a good time to reflect on what you would have changed about your 2012 taxes. Here’s a couple thoughts to consider for your 2013 tax planning.
- Did you accurately track all un-reimbursed employee expenses?
- Did you save records of all charitable expenses? Including mileage?
- Did you take full advantage of employee matches?
- Did you use your FSA/HSA to your full advantage?
- Did you take advantage of your state’s 529 plan? Louisiana’s plan offers state tax breaks and even a match!
- Did you adjust your withholdings so that you aren’t lending Uncle Sam money all year for free?
- Did you maximize your qualified contributions?
- Did you save at least 10% of your family’s gross income?
- Did you maximize you capital gains? Short term and long term?
- Was your portfolio allocated tax efficiently among the different types of accounts?